Sunday, March 29, 2009

Swimming Sports

Last week on Friday Point England Primary school had their annual swimming sports. We had it at the YMCA swimming centre. We all had a really good time swimming and having FUN!!

I am a house captain for a team called ''Takitimu''. Every year we have groups from our school when we competing against each other in sporting events. So I was chosen to be leader for Takitimu our house colour was Yellow.

I was chosen for two strokes Freestyle and Backstroke. I think I am pretty good at freestyle but the only thing that stood in the way of me getting was a boy named Jordan Pritchard he is the fastest swimmer in our school he is as fast as a fish!!

As the race was about to start. Mr Jacobsen called out ''HEAT ONE FREESTYLE!!"THREE TWO ONE"GOOOO!!!!" We were off like fish freed from a nasty trap I was rotating my arms in and out of the water like a motor cycles wheels going round and round. I was coming second then suddenly a boy named Trey Ngate was catching up to me. I was in front buy a nose it was so close we were near the finish line Trey was getting closer by the second he was gaining on me we were coming a tye ANDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!! The race had just finished and I had won by a hand!! What a race a magnificent effort but the good thing about Trey was that he qwas in the sasme team as ME!!!


2 comments:

Mrs Tele'a said...

Hi there Tanielu, what a fun read. I love how you described yourself at the beginning of your freestyle race. 'We were off like fish freed from a nasty trap I was rotating my arms in and out of the water like a motor cycles wheels', I can imagine you trying very hard to be fast.

I think your teachers over the years have a done a good job teaching you to swim. Keep paying close attention to what they teach you in and out of the pool.

There are a few errors in your post, if you cannot pick them out then get a buddy to help you.

Keep up the good blogging Tanielu.

Nga Kaituhi o PES said...

Hey another wonderful piece of writing, you really captured the competitive spirit! Nice job, I loved seeing you guys compete.

Keep up the great posts Tanielu.

Mrs Nua